Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Zotero Project - Introducing to teachers

Zotero Project - piloting with individual teachers... first steps

This week has seen a number of competing activities. As far as my academic program, I've been engaged with the TCC 2012 Conference and a number of other projects that are all coming together at this time.

I've also been trying to provide the taxpayers of the State of Hawaii with a reasonable return on their investment in me.

As far as my Zotero Project is concerned, I've been spending time working with a few teachers on an individual basis. One of the keys to school change (or social change, or even revolution) is the thousand individual conversations that share ideas and visions.

Specifically, I worked with one Science teacher and a Curriculum Coordinator on how to set up Zotero on their computers and establish a free account. I have met with each about four times during the past week. We are now working on setting up shared libraries and developing collaborative projects for students involving group research and presentation. I've been working with the individual teachers as a kind of a pilot in order to better address the specific needs of high school teachers when I design the instructional module for larger groups. The Science teacher particularly wanted to learn how to use Zotero as she will be teaching AP Environmental Science for the first time next year and has already gotten her students together to begin their research on specific topics and to begin work on environmental projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment